Have you been typing “Google” into Google again? If you’re struggling to access your website there are a couple of things you can try and test yourself before calling for help.
- Tidy up – clear out your browser cache and temporary files
- Turn it off and on again – Don’t laugh, sometimes rebooting your PC and router can work wonders; after all, we all need a rest every now and then!
- Can you access any other websites? Can you load google.co.uk or bbc.co.uk? If not there is likely to be a problem with your internet connection, give your ISP a call.
- Check with friends – can they view your website? Different service providers refresh their cache at different times and intervals, so it’s always worth checking if it’s working for somebody else.
- Has it expired? Your domain name and web hosting will need renewing every year to two years as a matter of course – if you don’t renew they’ll be cancelled and become inactive.
- Check with your host – all hosting providers have problems occasionally and they should be happy to look into it for you.